"GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD." Marilyn Monroe

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Taking a break from reading...

Hi girls!
Just taking a break from reading "The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian," as recommended to me by Tristen last week, and thoroughly enjoying it. It has me thinking about how we all sometimes feel we don't fit in, which for some reason had me thinking of Lady Gaga (probably because I'm always fascinated by her shoes.) Anyway, there is a person who goes out of her way NOT to fit in and it obviously works for her. Then I thought of the couple of times I've watched her on "Ellen" and she is not as weird as you'd think - really respects her Mom and Dad and just likes hanging out with them and seems to live a kind of low-key life in reality.
So I googled a little and found a couple of quotes from her like these:

"Peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no trouble, noise, or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."
— Lady Gaga

"As a performer I’m outrageous and wild, but as a person I have a very strong moral code. To this day I feel guilt about what I put my parents through when I was younger. I’ll call my mother out of the blue and say, ‘Mom, I’m so sorry about what I did.’ They’re very proud of me today, but I wouldn’t have their pride if I hadn’t listened to them and told them I was sorry. It’s as important to acknowledge your mistakes as it is to get credit for your victories."
-Lady Gaga

She also uses some un-ladylike language on occasion, but I do find her to be a very surprising and interesting person, particularly for a Sunday night internet browse. I'm going to try posting an interview from the Ellen show, and then I'm going to try to finish this really great book which ties in a little with what Lady Gaga is talking about in this clip.

See you tomorrow everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Just finished "The School for Dangerous Girls" and sadly it really didn't meet my expectations. The plot which is rather simple, did hold out to be more than it was. Some of the characters and their actions due to the situation they were facing were believable and memorable but only some of the characters.
    The sudden brashness of some characters was rather annoying, but in the end although it wasn't what I hoped to be, it wasn't such a terrible read. It was equal in pros and cons. SoI give it a 2.5/5.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr4JLM-BaME
    And check out this cute little video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video, once again. Very creative! You could be doing work like that Tristen. Of course then you wouldn't have time to review books for me... Hmmm...not a good idea;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQA6tsBVE_c
    ITS HERE :D !!!!

    ReplyDelete