"GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD." Marilyn Monroe

Monday, September 20, 2010

Dipstick Visits the Library

Those of you fortunate enough to have spent a study period in the library this afternoon will have enjoyed some cuddles from Michelle's very lucky little kitten pictured here:
Dipstick went to great lengths to get to school today, so was exhausted by this afternoon - as you can see from this photo.  His determination to get to school at great risk to his own health and safety should serve as an example to all of you (Hailey.)  His presence in the library was certainly a treat for all of us aside from one unfortunate incident, of which we will not speak:)

6 comments:

  1. I wasn't there NOOOOOOO D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cool backwards vid!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_980106&feature=iv&v=01TL9bUWr6I
    and no special effects, besides the rewinding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that video! So I've just wasted the last half hour watching a bunch of their other videos on youtube - those boys are hilarious. You probably noticed I had posted their "t-shirt war" last year. The link above is to "2 guys 600 pillows" If the link doesn't work you can search it on youtube. Love the song and the video. Remember it's about pillows when you listen to the lyrics - totally innocent.
    I'm going to add their website to my "interesting links" on the side of the blog if anyone's interested in other stuff they've done. They've even developed a signature shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, if you just click on "Rhett and Link" under my links, they have the pillow video right on their home page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just finished "The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian" and it was one of the most amazing books I have ever read. Every five pages to five words I was laughing. Not hee hee laughing, bursting out in tears laughing. And I understood some of what he said, no alot of it. As an Indian this stood out to me. I do believe non-Indians and Indians will view this differently. But in amazing ways.
    You may want to limit this to Gr 10,11, and 12's only as there is swearing and sexual content within the very first 2o pages and stays that way all the way through.
    Hilarious and still heart rendering, this is an amazing book that deserved the award it won.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for another great review Tristen! I am looking forward to reading that one myself as it is recommended for school libraries and award-winning. I'm so glad you found it so funny and moving! I was hoping that despite being written by an American it would still speak to the Canadian experience. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete