"GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD." Marilyn Monroe

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Looking Forward to a Great Year!

Now that we've had a couple of weeks to settle in, I thought I'd post a bit of what's coming up in the next little while.  Sorry for the silence the last week - but I had cake on the brain as I prepared for the dessert auction.  Now that it's over for another year I have cleared my head to think about our library again!
Both Senior and Junior Book Clubs started up last week, Seniors will meet on Tuesdays at 11:40 and Juniors on Thursdays at 12:00.  I'm still thinking about how we're going to fit Green Club in there, so Junior Book Club may be sharing that Thursday lunch hour.
Some books just ordered and on their way:

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies)DreamlandThe School for Dangerous Girls   [SCHOOL FOR DANGEROUS GIRLS] [Hardcover]Sphinx's PrincessTweakedThe Cardturner: A Novel About Imperfect Partners and Infinite Possibilities


As usual, there should be a little something for everyone - no matter what your interests are.  Lots more books coming in gradually throughout the year and as you know I am always open to your suggestions too!  Also keep your eyes open for Sr. Zelie's book orders and if you just can't afford the books you want, check with me to see if we can get them for the school (or there's a good chance we might already have them!)

Finally, here's a cute little video I came across - very short and amusing.

2 comments:

  1. Tweaked is an amazing book, highly recommended

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to one of my Senior Book Club members for the recommendation. It looks like a great read and was reviewed as a "must-have" for school libraries. Also a Canadian author - so bonus points :)

    ReplyDelete