"GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD." Marilyn Monroe

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Go Guardians!

I had the great pleasure of watching our senior girls play volleyball yesterday and wow,  just wow!  Not only did they win the gold at this weekend's tournament, but they got me thinking about a few things.  As you may have noticed, I tend to think too much.  As I watched the games, I noticed how supportive our girls were of one another; how they gathered together constantly for little pep talks during play to encourage one another.  It wasn't about talking strategy - it was about lifting their teammates up after a minor error or if they'd lost a point.  It truly showed the difference between being on a team and BEING a team.  Way to go girls.  You make us really proud to say, "Yeah, I know those girls.  That's my team."

Whether or not you win those games you are representing Rivier SO well and I just want to say a big thank  you!  Now let's all try to get out and cheer them on!
Found a shirt as crazy as the ones you made!

2 comments:

  1. just finished "the rules of survival" by nancy werlin and just wow. it was a very realistic story with a simple style of writing so anyone could get it.i loved how matthew expressed his emotions and thoughts throught the book, the actions of everyone made it a good read. not everything was perfect and staright forward, the hestitation and negativity everyone possessed is what drew me in the most as i couldn't believe it wasn't a true story. a 4.5/5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read that one yet - I think I just did a quick skim as I catalogued it and thought it looked very good. Glad you enjoyed it so much! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete