"GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD." Marilyn Monroe

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Today's student book recommendation


So Megan D. has kindly reviewed yet another book for me. I think I may have mentioned this one in a previous post about new books - it's called "Just Another Girl" by Melody Carlson. Many of you will be familiar with her previous books, though this one seems a bit of a departure from her other series. The summary inside reads, "Sixteen-year old Aster, caught between a self-absorbed older sister and a mentally-disabled younger one, yearns for a normal life and, with her first boyfriend's encouragement and trust in God, she begins to make things better."

Melody Carlson has been a favorite author of many of you in the past, so this may be a good book to try. It's listed under the subjects of middle children, dating, and single-parent families. Megan's comments were, "Another amazing book. Really easy to relate to with very good wording. Very teenager approved."
So there you have it. Once again, look for it next to the lava lamp!

4 comments:

  1. Your are amazingly,awesomely,cool Mrs. C!! :D I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, joanna convinced me to come to the senior book club meeting :) u will c me next week 4 sure!
    -Tristen D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait - I've had your book as a guest, now I'll actually have you! See you Tuesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book!!

    ReplyDelete