"GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD." Marilyn Monroe

Thursday, April 15, 2010

National Poetry Month


I have just (better late than never) realized that April is national poetry month and that this week is, in fact, Youth Poetry Week. So, what should we do to celebrate? Well, I do have a link to the very cool poemflow site which you should definitely check out if you haven't already, and then you could look at this kind of funny random haiku generator I've added as a new link.
Also, I had this thought that possibly some of you who have that writer's spirit might maybe, maybe post a poem as a comment here on the blog. You could be anonymous,of course if you choose. It's just an idea - I thought it might be a fun way for you to share some of your writing in a different forum. Totally up to you girls whether you want to try it or not. If you do, feel safe in knowing that I check all comments before I allow them to be posted, so there will be no criticism of your writing!

Mrs. C's Haiku
boots or shoes? both tempt;
but today one must sadly
remain at the store


(Inspired by my latest shopping experience at Frontrunner Footwear)

2 comments:

  1. beautiful feline
    you own me, I don't own you
    gracefully asleep

    ReplyDelete
  2. A haiku guru! Way to go! Keep them coming girls!

    ReplyDelete