"GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD." Marilyn Monroe

Monday, April 19, 2010

Poetry Slam

Continuing with our poetry theme, I'm posting a link to a video of some students who are involved in writing and performing poetry - I think it's in New York. Anyway, gives you a sneak peak into a different school, some different lives, and a different way of experiencing poetry. Have a look!

Grand Slam: Performance Poetry Engages Students | Edutopia

Remember I'm still hoping that some of you will add your own poetry to my comments - I've received one haiku already!

3 comments:

  1. Metal bars keep her there,
    trapped.
    Freedom is something only for the clouds.
    They mock her,
    reminding her,
    she will never reach them,
    be as free,
    be as strong.
    "But why?"
    she asks.
    "Why must I be captive,
    be trapped,
    when they feel the wind,
    the air,
    life itself?"
    And God told her,
    "One day you will be free,
    and be remembered,
    and will be the bringer of freedom."
    The waters came,
    the bars cracked,
    and she flew.
    She touched the clouds,
    found Noah,
    and brought freedom.
    made this piece awhile ago, please enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing - amazing poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this poem!!

    ReplyDelete