"GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD." Marilyn Monroe

Monday, October 25, 2010

Girl Power!

In light of some of the issues we've discussed in book club lately, and from what I've been hearing about Amnesty's discussions also, I thought this video might be of interest to some of you. Any of you who have read I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced or Sold will understand the reality of these girls' lives.

I'm also cataloguing a new book - Book Club girls already know about it - which discusses several different women's issues around the globe. Here's the cover:
Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide (Vintage)If you can't read the subtitle, it's "Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide."   Let me know if you're interested in it.  Definitely more of a senior-level read, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment