"GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD." Marilyn Monroe

Thursday, November 18, 2010

How to cheer up a snowy day!

My soundtrack today has been Michael Franti and Spearhead's "The Sound of Sunshine."  "I want to go where the summer never ends.. and everything smells like suntan lotion."  He is awesome and I LOVE him.  Go listen here:
Michael Franti and Spearhead

You can play his music in the "now playing" box on the left hand side when you scroll down a little.  He's a peace activist, a yoga dude, a smoothie drinker, and just an all-around great guy.  Very happy music for cataloguing books.  Have a listen and shake it like you got no bones!

6 comments:

  1. Hello! I remember you commenting on how you enjoy canadian authors, well i have something similar, a canadian comic artist. i follow her on deviantart and she recently did a fanart of the hunger games trilogy, a popular series.
    http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d339lr1
    and delightful shoe hat mrs. c :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for noticing my hat! I tried to fashion one with two shoes like horns, but just couldn't do it while I was home alone. And really, it wasn't a project in which I wanted to involve Mr. C. I tried to follow your link but couldn't get into deviant art without an account - when I have more time I'll have to create one for just this purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://damnskippy.deviantart.com/#/d339lr1
    here is another link that should work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Can I guess from this picture that Mockingjay ends in total mayhem and destruction? I guess I'm going to have to read this series too! Really like her artwork - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally a fantastic song. Quinn got me into Michael Franti and Spearhead on our IMC road trip last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is such an amazing performer with such happy music. Can't help but love the guy! Really seems to have his life priorities straight, too - all-around awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete