"GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD." Marilyn Monroe

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Get Into a New Series!

We have LOTS of them in the library, including our newest purchase which we discussed at book club - the CHERUB series by Robert Muchamore. I told you a bit about the series while you were busy with your bookmarks, but you may be interested to hear the author himself tell you about it:

 As I told you on Tuesday, my son LOVES these books - he is on #11 right now and will be very sad when he is finished with the series. He assures me that they would appeal to both girls and boys, so consider putting your name down for them - it sounds like they are best read in order (I am numbering the spines.)

 I received an email from Random House which featured this infographic (all adult books), but it got me thinking that perhaps we could work on something similar at one of our book club meetings by tapping into all of your pooled reading experience - what do you think? I really like the look of this and it might be fun to do. Have a look at it here "What Do You Feel Like Reading Infographic"

A final reminder to book club members to hand in your bookmarks to me by the end of the day today if you would like them laminated - I will be taking them tomorrow and returning them to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment