"GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD." Marilyn Monroe

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Is Everybody Relaxing?

ghostgirl: HomecomingHi Girls! I hope you are all enjoying a bit of a break from the school routine and that you have enjoyed some fun family time over the past few days! I am in a bit of a turkey/perogy/chocolate-induced slug-like state myself, but have managed to hit the mall to check out some of the sales. No new shoes to report, though :(.  Most horribly of all, our favorite candy-cane lane tea seems to be sold-out EVERYWHERE!!! I'm hoping that you library tea drinkers have been stocking up.
ghostgirl: LovesickAnyway, I've been reading some of Quinn's books; namely the Ghostgirl series by Tonya Hurley and I kind of like them.  I'm finding that many of these "supernatural" books actually use the whole afterlife or zombie theme to deal with regular teen issues like bullying, discrimination or that craving for popularity - normal stuff that anybody can relate to.   I think we may have discussed these at book club when I first bought them for Quinn - we'll talk about them again and decide if they are library-worthy.



Now, since you are all on holidays and have a little extra time on your hands, I'm going to post a video that I think is kind of inspiring.  It's a commencement speech that was given to the graduates of Princeton by the founder of Amazon.com. In his speech he asks, "How will you use your gifts? What choices will you make?" Excellent thoughts as we approach a new year!


Looking forward to seeing all of you in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment