"GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD." Marilyn Monroe

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Summer Holidays!

Look at the beautiful cupcake Lauren T. gave me last week!  Thank goodness I snapped a photo before
Mr. C. thoughtlessly ate a petal.  (No appreciation for the hours of work that go into projects like this.)

I hope you all have a wonderful, fun-filled summer holiday and return rested and rejuvenated in the fall!  
Enjoy your summer reading - I just finished The Reckoning by Kelley Arnstrong (Book 3) in the Darkest Powers trilogy and loved it!  An amazing series,  if you enjoy a bit of the spooky stuff, which I have since I learned to read.  The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, Book 3)Her adult novels are excellent also, but definitely content for grades eleven and up.  Those you would have to get from the public library.  They don't have the same characters as her young adult trilogy, but there is a bit of overlap.
Today, saying goodbye to Pauline and Sayaka, and having said my farewells to Ayumi earlier I've been thinking what an amazing time you girls are growing up in  - when you will be able to keep in touch with these new friends, no matter how far away, on facebook or other social networking sites in ways I couldn't have imagined when I was in high school back in the late '70s and early 80's.  SO COOL!!  There is so much out there for you, and I, for one am so excited and hopeful for your futures.
But first, let's all have a wickedly awesome summer:)
And remember your sunscreen - melanoma is not cool.

2 comments:

  1. Why Hello Mrs. C,
    It's your favorite grade 10 er 11 student, Cassidy, The only one who thinks of school during July.
    I don't know when you'll see this, maybe soon, But, I read that book thirteen reasons why, the one about the girl who commits suicide and leaves the tape for everyone who was appart of killing her.
    IT WAS AMAZING!!! You have the best sugustions :)
    Your going to have to feature it in the libary at back to school timeee.
    See you on the dreaded day ( Aug 31st) and have a great rest of your summmer!
    Your dedicated reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cassidy,
    Great to hear from you! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book - I just finished reading it a couple of weeks ago and I totally agree with you - LOVED IT! And learned a lot from reading it. Keep enjoying the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summerl

    ReplyDelete