"GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD." Marilyn Monroe

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tea Time

"The tea hour is the hour of peace.  Strife is lost in the hissing of the kettle - a tranquilizing sound, second only to the purring of a cat."   Agnes Reppelier
Best quote of the year so far from the Susan Branch calendar on my wall at home - and considering our love of library tea time (and the occasional visiting library cat!) I thought it was appropriate to start this post.
    I can't believe it's April already!  We have some amazing new books arriving, but as I've shared with the book club girls I am not sure how long the new stuff will keep coming out onto the shelves as we will be preparing for some changes during the summer and that will be consuming much of my time and energy.  Keep your eyes open for the next few weeks, at least.
    Now many of you may have seen this video already, but Bryanna shared it with me and I really, really liked what this girl had to say.  In fact she made so much sense that I immediately asked if she was a librarian - ha ha.   Anyway, if you are a teenage girl, you should have a look:  

Senior Book Club Tuesday at 11:40 as usual girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment