"GIVE A GIRL THE RIGHT SHOES AND SHE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD." Marilyn Monroe

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Poetry Slam Was Awesome!

Congratulations Grade Tens! I am truly amazed by the talent ALL of you displayed at the first annual (perhaps semi-annual?) Rivier Poetry Slam. The courage it took to stand up there in front of your friends and share what you had written was amazing, and I so appreciated being included.  As you all saw, I was very touched by the depth of emotion you expressed, and the amount of thought you put into your writing.
I haven't talked to Mrs. Trumier yet, but I've been thinking that if all of you agree, maybe I could type up your poems and we could "publish" them as a volume for the library - then add to it each year with poems from future poetry slams.  Just an idea - let me know what you think.
Now, for fun: I can't resist posting some robot poetry. Here's Data from Star Trek with a poem about his cat Spot. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment